KwiKool BioKoolMax KBIX1411 Air Scrubber
The KwiKool BioKoolMax KBIX1411 Air Scrubber is top of the line air cooling and air scrubbing hybrid unit. Made for commercial use pushing 13,800 BTU's, this unit is widely known to be used in hospitals, warehouses, medical facilities such as ICU's and even large office buildings. When you need high quality air conditioning but want the air you are providing to also be cleaned of airborne pathogens and contaminants, then look no further. Generally portable air conditioning units are known to pollute the air due to mold and other microbes growing inside on the cooling coils in along with poor filtration. This is not ideal for anyone's overall health, and certainly not desired in environments where clean air is of the utmost importance.
Similar to its sister model, the KBIO1411, this unit uses a pre filter, hospital grade HEPA (for 99.97% down to .3 microns) and a UV-C bulb for germicidal protection. However, the BioKool MAX KBIX1411 has the added benefit of utilizing state of the art, advanced, bipolar needlepoint ionization to capture microorganisms that are usually too small to be collected in the HEPA. Charged ion are released into the air to attach and change the molecular composition of particulates making them heavier and easier to capture within the filters. This process not only cools the air, but also disinfects and helps to prevent microbe or mold growth. According to independent studies, this unit was shown to reduce pathogens by up to 90%, while cooling the air at a rate of 13,800 Btu-per-hour.
Key Features and Benefits
- Self Diagnosing System : When your unit notices an issue, it shuts itself down for safety precautions, sets off an alarm to get your attention and then displayed a trouble shooting code on the LCD screen. You then look the code up in the manual to diagnose and fix the problem.
- Built To Last : BioKool uses 304 stainless steel for the housing and heavy duty casters for the wheels, making it tough and built to last.
- Automatic Restart : If the power goes out for whatever reason, this unit will turn itself back on automatically once power is restored. It will also resume operation using the same settings.
- Ducting Unit : Can be used as a stand alone air scrubber and air cooling for targeting use. Or to help create a more balanced environment, you can duct this unit. Both the outlet and inlet are ductable, but you need to purchase the additional ceiling mount kit or have your own tools/hardware to choose this method.
- Fan Speeds : Choose fromm low/medium/high and for best results, leave on speed you choose that works best for you rather than increasing and decreasing constantly.
- Coverage : With a 460 CFM motor, this unit covers approx 500 sq ft of space at 6 air exchanges per hour.
- Limited 1 year manufacturer warranty.
- BTU/hr at 95°F 60% RH: 13,800 / 1 - Ton
- Hepa Filter: 99.999% down to .12 microns in size
- UVC Wave Length : UVC 30 watts / Max 85 watts
- Ionization Method : Needle Point Bi-Polar Ionizer
- Compressor Type: Hermetic Rotary
- Operating Temperature: 65° - 105°F 50% RH
- Non-CFC Refrigerant:410A
- Evaporator Fan Type (Centrifugal):Direct Drive
- Evaporator Air Flow (CFM): 460 / Single Speed
- Evaporator Supply Air Data: Adjustable Vent
- Evaporator Supply Air Chute Data (Optional kit): 2-5" dia x 16" length
- I/O Integral Condesner - In/Out: Balanced air flow
- Condenser Fan Type (Centrifugal): Direct Drive
- Condenser Air Flow (CFM): 700 on high
- Condenser Duct Data (Optional) : 2 - 12" dia x 8" length
- Condenser Maximum Duct Length : 25 feet
- Power Supply : 115V / Single Phase
- Current Consumption : 14.7 Amps
- Power Consumption : 1.55 KW
- Max Circuit Breaker : 20 Amps
- Recommended breaker size : 15 Amps
- Min / Max Voltage:105 - 125
- Power Cord Guage / Length : 14 AWG / 6 Ft
- Plug Type: NEMA 5 - 15
- Dimensions: 16.325" W x 43.25" L x 37.75" H
- Weight / Shipping Weight: 230 lbs / 265 lbs
- Decibels Levels : xx to xx
- Safety Certifications:ETL Certified
- Compressor Overload: External
- Fan Motor Overload: Auto Internal
- Evaporator Freeze-Up: Hot Gas Bypass & Fan Cycling
- High Pressure Switch: Manual
- Low Pressure Switch: Auto
- Compressor Short Cycle: Yes
- Automatic Restart: Yes
- Condensate Pump Overflow: Yes
- Condensate Tank Overflow: Yes
Find all the replacement filters & accessories for this unit by clicking here
- Replace as necessary
- Properly maintaining your pre filters will help extend the life of your hepa.
- Recommended to change every 6 months or sooner if necessary
- Recommended to change every 15,000 hours of continuous use
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
- 1 x KwiKool BioKoolMax KBIX1411 Air Scrubber
- 1 x Owner's Manual
- 1 x Intitial Hepa Filter
- 1 x Intitial Pre Filter
- 1 x External 5 Gallon Condensate Tank
- 1 x Intitial UV-C Bulb
- Ceiling Mount Kit Optional as Additional Purchase
- Air Chute Kit Optional as Additional Purchase